All tests taken over the past four days have turned out negative except, of course, for the UTI which is apparently the single cause of all of this. Wesley Long Hospital is ready to release Mom to a nursing rehab facility, just as she was in March. Initially she’ll be a short-term patient (up to 20 days), then she’ll be re-evaluated for release to Assisted Living.
One issue remains open: an orthopedic surgeon still needs to look at Mom’s fractured left elbow. Hopefully, that will occur Friday morning; and hopefully surgery will take place while Mom is still admitted here at WLH. I’m told they can wait yet another week before surgery, but that would interrupt the continuity of her rehab.
Which brings me to the good news: I’ve already found a nursing/rehab bed. (You may recall that it took me a full week back in March.) I toured a half dozen facilities today; each of them had available beds, and each of them would have accepted Mom. But the first five were real dumps. I was becoming discouraged until finally arriving at Piedmont Place in G’boro. I signed Mom up lickety-split. She can go there tomorrow depending on the arm situation.
Tomorrow figures to be a very busy day one way or another.